Who’s ready to shift gears from holiday recovery to planning some 2020 SUP fun? We are! We bet you are, too, so this post is all about 2020 stand up paddle boarding trends and all the sleek new gear you simply must have.
There’s a lot of exciting SUP stuff happening in 2020, from new board design tweaks to new gear and upgrades to old gear. To make it simple for you, we’re going to highlight our favorite 2020 trends into one handy guide.
You’re welcome, mate!
The bottomline is whether you’re planning a little online shopping for yourself or have some loved ones who might be doing some shopping for you, this guide lets everyone know everything there is to know about SUP musts in the new year. We’re going to cover:
New Stand Up Paddle Boarding Design Trends
Let’s start with new design trends. Quality and durability have always been the foundation of BLACKFIN and iROCKER design. In 2020, we’re rolling out a few tweaks that retain the strength and quality of our old designs in a lighter board that’s easier to carry.
We’ve also got some design adjustments to accommodate all kinds of SUP accessories. Here are some highlights:
If you like to take your board on holiday, you’re going to love the new lighter design. It’s a full 20 percent lighter than our old boards and with the same reliable strength and durability. No change to our warranty — just less weight to make travel easier than ever.
The new lighter design also makes it possible for us to add some enhancements. Here are just a few of our faves:
- Our boards now have four new Multi-Use Action Mounts to accommodate gear and accessories like speakers, phone holders, cameras and rod holders.
- We’ve made the deck pad and the rear cargo storage compartment larger.
- We’ve added a front grab handle.
Check out the features on the new iROCKER board:
And the BLACKFIN board:
2020 Must-have SUP Gear and Accessories
As we mentioned, the board design tweaks make it possible for us to tweak gear options, too. We’ve made some improvements to our old gear and also added new gear to our lineup.
- Our paddles are lighter and more flexible than ever. They’re also super-convenient, weighing a mere 1kg and with the ability to adjust from 180-to-218cm.
- Our BLACKFIN boards are now equipped with a flip lock center fin and new fishing rack attachment points. This means less time dealing with gear and more time on the water.
- We’ve made some upgrades to our backpacks, too, with more pockets, an extra bungee for better storage and a new option to add an attachable wheel tray to the bottom.
- Our most-fave accessory is still the 12V Electric SUP Pump because, well, time!
Where to Buy all Your SUP Boards and Gear
Free shipping isn’t new for iROCKER and BLACKFIN but it’s certainly worth mentioning. You can’t get free shipping from everyone but you get it with us.
We ship with Australia post and always ship out the day after you place your order.
We’re often asked how long it takes to get your new board or gear, and where we ship. Here’s a handy guide that tells you everything you need to know about our shipping program:
You can read more about our shipping here.
Now, isn’t it time to get serious about your SUP and start doing a little 2020 SUP shopping? Absolutely! Go here to find your next board and all the 2020 on-trend gear. If you have questions, reach out to our team on Facebook or get in touch using the fields below. We are here to help you rock 2020!